Owner – Operator LMIA
Owner – Operator LMIA Criteria
So, if you run a business or want to buy a business in Canada, look into some criteria to see if you’re qualified. You should:
- Be a sole or majority shareholder, i.e. show that you have a scheming interest in the business.
- Show that your entry into Canada would outcome in the creation or retention of jobs for Canadian permanent residents/citizens
- Be independent of any senior management. You should occupy the highest position of power in the company and not be liable to any greater.
Owner – Operator LMIA Requirements
Owner-operator LMIA’s other requirements include:
- You should show how you would fund the business and make or maintain employment. The business plan should be convincing. You should convince the officer of employment and social development in Canada that you understand what you are doing.
- You should be involved actively in the business. You must show that you’re not making a passive investment.
- Show an intention to hire Canadian citizens or permanent residents (preferably, in the initial year of the business).
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Owner – Operator?
Is There Any Minimum Requirement For This Program?
While On A Tourist Visa, Can We But A Business In Canada?
After Purchasing A Business In Canada Do I Have To Relocate To Canada?
Do You Have To Get A Salary From Your Business In Canada Under This Program-Based Work Permit?
Can You Purchase A Business With A Partner In Canada And Get A Work Permit Under This Program?
Does The Owner Operator Have To Be In Canada To Apply For LMIA?
Do You Have To Prepare A Business Plan For the Owner Operator LMIA Application?
The process of moving to Canada under owner-operator LMIA consists of four steps:
- Select a Canadian business to purchase or establish
- Apply for an LMIA along with an appropriate business plan.
- After getting a positive LMIA, apply for a work permit for about two years.
- During the initial year of employment in Canada, an entrepreneur, and his family would be capable to apply for immigration through one of the federal or provincial immigration programs.
Your work permit most likely would be valid for one to two years, relying on the business nature.
- Evidence of ownership of the Canadian company
- Confirmation of enough finances in the bank account for the Canadian company.
- Applicant’s personal credentials like diplomas, work references, marriage certificate, passport, bank statements, etc.
- Business plan for a Canadian agency (could be given by an attorney in Canada).
Owner – Operator LMIA Benefits
- There’s no need of having a specific total net worth or making any non-guaranteed investment in a Canadian government-designated investment fund.
- Foreign workers could apply for a work permit based on positive owner-operator LMIA.
- Owner-operator LMIA awards two hundred points under CRS and, a foreign worker could apply for permanent residency through the express entry program.
Book your appointment with us now!
#201 7985 132st surrey, BC, V3W 4N2
Monday - Friday
9am - 7pm
10am - 5pm