Family sponsorship is a place in which a Canadian citizen and permanent resident own the right to sponsor their spouse, conjugal or common-law partner to come to Canada. However, restriction lies in the case of the individual himself being sponsored in the same category.
A signed sponsorship agreement between you and the sponsored relative! If necessary, the agreement can commit that you will provide financial support for your relative.
The agreement also states that the person after becoming a permanent resident will make every effort to support herself/himself.
Your spouse/conjugal/common-law partner will give you financial support for three years after you become a permanent resident.
You will provide financial support to a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Be Sponsored?
How To Get Conditional Permanent Residential Status?
Conditional permanent resident status can be granted when an individual receives Canadian sponsorship from their spouse/conjugal partner/common-law partner. The status ensures that the relationship is authentic.
There exist a few conditions in this case:
- A five-year ban on sponsoring a new partner/spouse
- A two-year requirement for some couples to live together. (As of April 28, 2017, this condition is removed)
- 5-Year Ban On Spousal/Partner Sponsorship
Can We Sponsor Our Parents To Become Permanent Residents In Canada?
How To Apply For Parents/Grandparents Sponsorship Program?
What Are The Requirements To Sponsor Parents?
To sponsor your parents, your parents should meet these requirements:
- They should be at least 18 years old
- You should be living in Canada
- You should be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Meet income requirements for past 3 years
What Are Requirements To Sponsor Dependant Child?
Following are the qualifications that are required to sponsor a dependent child.
- Must be under 22 years of age
- Is not married or in a common-law relationship
How To Apply For The Sponsorship Application?
What Is Family Sponsorship Program?
Book your appointment with us now!
#201 7985 132st surrey, BC, V3W 4N2
Monday - Friday
9am - 7pm
10am - 5pm