Spousal Open Work Permit
In this spousal open work permit program, you have the power to come, stay, and work for any employer in Canada. If your spouse is currently studying or working in Canada, you might be eligible for an open work permit.
Criteria To Fulfill
These are some criteria that the potential spousal work permit holder has to fulfill:
- You should have sufficient funds to sustain yourself in Canada
- Prove they are in the right health by giving a medical test
- Not be classified as a hazardous individual and have no criminal record.
- Not work under an employer that is not qualified, or in erotic dance, escort services, or massages.
- Prove they will return home after their permit ends
- Provide all the required credentials as per the demand of the officer.
You can be eligible for a SOWP if your spouse is
An experienced worker, working under NOC skill TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 classifications and has a valid work permit.
An international student at school, college, or university, and has a valid study permit.
Applying for the AIPP in NOC skill TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 classifications or residing/working as a foreign military member in Canada.
A foreign representative in Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Spousal Open Work Permit?
Who Can Apply For A Spousal Open Work Permit?
What Is The General Processing Time For The Spousal Open Work Permit Application?
What Is The Cost For The Spousal Open Work Permit Application?
Can We Get A Permanent Residency With Spousal Open Wok Permit In Canada?
Can We Apply Canadian Spousal Open Work Permit From Anywhere In The World?
Can A Spouse's Open Work Permit Be Extended?
Can I Add My Minors On My Spouse Open Work Permit?
SOWP Document Checklist
- Acknowledgment of Receipt letter
- Completed application forms
- Proof of status in Canada
- Proof of spouse’s status in Canada
- Marriage certificate & Copy of your passport
- Proof of common-law status, proof of payment for applicable government costs, and proof of relationship to the principal applicant
Reason SOWP Rejected
- A principal candidate is living outside of Canada
- No proof that your spouse is attending a DLI (designated learning institute)
- Lacking evidence of funds
- Missing evidence of employment
- Not enough ties to the homeland
- Absence of genuine relationship evidence
Visa/Work Permit Reqirements
- Should be in a genuine relationship with a qualifying foreign national principal applicant, citizen, or permanent resident
- Should be eligible to apply as the spouse of a qualifying foreign national
- Should be eligible to apply for a Canada sponsorship applicant
- Are not criminally prohibited in Canada
- Are not medically prohibited in Canada
Book your appointment with us now!
#201 7985 132st surrey, BC, V3W 4N2
Monday - Friday
9am - 7pm
10am - 5pm